We know all too well that competition is fierce in the gas station and convenience store industry. While demand is high, profit margins are extremely tight. Retrofitting gas stations with Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs) is the latest trend in an attempt to boost customer traffic while simultaneously reducing operating costs. Until recently, lighting has been thought about primarily for aesthetic purposes. With the advancements in technologies, your lighting choice can now have a tremendous impact on your bottom line. Even taking the initial cost of the retrofit into consideration, LED illumination can provide a positive impact to the financial condition of your station. The following are benefits of LED.
- Enhanced Customer Perception. For years, market research has shown that consumers want a safe, clean and well-lit site. This is an absolute necessity when the sun goes down. Potential customers only have a few seconds to decide whether to pull into your site, or drive by. LED lighting gives the site a brighter, glare-free and more inviting look that really makes your site pop.
- Energy Efficiency. LEDs provide a brilliant amount of light while consuming only a fraction of the power of traditional lighting. Not only will your electric bill be positively impacted, but utilities are often incentivizing retrofits with utility rebates.
- Durability. The lifespan of LEDs far surpass any of its predecessors. LED lights typically last over 50,000 hours. Longer life correlates to less costly bulb changes or re-lamping. LEDs are built with sturdy components that can withstand even the roughest and coldest conditions. LEDs contain no high-pressure gasses or thin filaments and are resistant to shock, vibrations and external impacts. Therefore after your initial installation or retrofit, upkeep and maintenance costs are substantially reduced.
- High Quality. LEDs measure high values in the CRI (Color Rendering Index), which indicates how accurately a lighting source renders colors. LED lighting maintains its color fidelity with no yellowing over time. These attributes are crucial as you want the true colors and look of the logo to be the same in daylight and under the lights at night. In addition, LED lights should not discolor, degrade or damage illuminated surfaces. LED lighting can be combined with smart home lighting such as the Z Wave to create an immersive experience.
- Environmentally Friendly. LED lights contain no harmful elements like mercury and are 100% recyclable. They have the smallest carbon footprint of any artificial light source. That’s less environmental impact and no special disposal requirements.