Thinking about branding? A brand creates the feeling of familiarity and comfort in the minds of the consumer, leading to a confidence about the quality of your product and location. An alliance with a strong and enduring brand gives you preferred access to exceptional products, services, promotions and advertising. The following are some of the benefits of branding:
- Your business will get a vibrant face-lift, improving its curb appeal.
- By signing a contract under a brand, you will have access to reliable supply and competitive pricing on fuel.
- Branding gives you access to top-of-the-line equipment and cutting edge technology along with built-in customer support.
- Your gasoline will no longer be perceived as “generic”. Like it or not, many consumers trust branded gasoline more than unbranded. They believe branded fuel is of higher quality, passes higher EPA standards, and is worthy of a higher price tag. Some of the bigger brands go a step further in attracting these customers by highlighting the additives included in their proprietary blended gasoline, (for example, BP with Invigorate® and Citgo with TriClean®).
- You will be authorized to offer the brand’s credit card, rewards and gift cards, as well as corporate fleet cards and programs, all of which save you on card processing fees.
- Branded advertising campaigns increase visibility and exposure for your station. Targeted advertising on cable and broadcast TV, radio, internet, billboards and digital ads drive customers to your location.
- Choosing to brand your station can open the door to a variety of philanthropic efforts, volunteer activities and educational support programs. Major brands offer programs and support initiatives to give back to their communities, for example, BP Fueling Communities, The Valero Foundation, The Citgo Fueling Good Program and The Sunoco Foundation. Such programs provide assistance to enable you to take a leadership role in your community.
- Your branded location can be found on most GPS devices and search maps.
Point-Of-Purchase (POP) advertising is built around impulse purchasing and use of in-store displays and other last minute marketing ploys to catch a shopper’s eye. As with all forms of advertising, the objective is to influence a person’s decision. Typically, a shortcoming of advertising is the time lag between when potential customers are subject to the ad and the time when they have an opportunity to make a purchase. POP advertising is effective as it eliminates such a lag time and attempts to influence the customer at the very moment that he/she is making a buying decision. Powerful Point-Of-Purchase marketing attracts interest and drives sales. It can persuade shoppers to purchase additional quantities of a product or to buy related products that are merchandised together. The ultimate goal is to increase sales at your location. Point-Of-Purchase promotion techniques often include window displays, floor stands, banners of any kind, end caps promoting a single product, counter displays, posters, signs, display bins, and even placement of related items next to each other on shelves. POP materials work best at eye level, using bright colors, engaging graphics and simple messages. Generally, these displays are created by the manufacturer for distribution to wholesalers or retailers who sell their merchandise. In fact, a manufacturer may discount the cost of merchandise or compensate the retailer in some other way for using their Point-Of-Purchase displays. This is especially true when using an end cap display, the prime real estate in the convenience store! To take full advantage of POP marketing, the advertisements must evolve constantly, mix up your merchandise, move around your displays, and keep your approach fresh. Once the customer sees the same display for a few weeks, it becomes ineffective. Additionally, if the sale is regularly available, customers will not feel the urgency to make a purchase. It is well worth your time and effort to ensure eye appeal and take advantage of a targeted audience. Customers will make additional purchases and come back often to see if they can take advantage of the next exciting promotion.
Branded distributor for BP, Citgo, Clark, Exxon, Marathon, Sunoco and Valero.